Term Dates 2020
|Start||Wednesday 15 January|
|Close||Thursday 9 April|
|Mid Term||Close: Thursday 27 February (12:00)
Return: Tuesday 3 March (07:30)
|Public Holidays||Saturday 21 March (Human Rights Day)|
|Start||Tuesday 5 May|
|Close||Friday 31 July|
|Mid Term||Close: Friday 26 June (Normal Time)
Return: Monday 6 July
|Public Holidays||Tuesday 16 June (Youth Day)|
|Start||Tuesday 1 September|
|Close||Thursday 3 December|
|Mid Term||Close: Thursday 15 October (12:00)
Return: Tuesday 20 October
|Public Holidays||Thursday 24 September (Heritage Day)|
Stationery and Books (Senior School Only)
Stationery List and Covering Letter 2020
Prescribed Textbook Information Letter 2020
Textbook list Grade 8 2020
Textbook list Grade 9 2020
Textbook list Grade 10 2020
Textbook list Grade 11 2020
Textbook list Grade 12 2020
Suitably qualified and experienced applicants are invited to apply for the following position:
ESTATE MANAGER – 01 April 2020 negotiable
St Andrew’s School for Girls is a 118-year-old independent school in Johannesburg. Our Christian, values-based education and our strong brand are built upon a solid foundation of tradition and heritage which provides opportunities for our girls to hone their leadership skills and be empowered women in South Africa and the world. St Andrew’s School for Girls is committed to increasing diversity and contributing to establishing a society that is based on democratic values, social justice and fundamental human rights.
We are looking to appoint an Estate Manager to facilitate the management and maintenance of all aspects of the school campus, including outsourced contractors, transportation, building and facilities and other related projects of expansion or refurbishment as well as providing support for events/functions. The successful candidate will be required to ensure that the school complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and maintains a safe environment for staff and students.
To oversee, direct, lead and manage the school’s estate, enabling a safe school environment that is also well-kept and maintained to the required standards as expected by the school’s management, board of directors and stakeholders.
Qualifications and competencies:
• A relevant degree/ technical diploma
• Management and leadership experience – at least 5 years’ experience within a similar role or within the building, maintenance and construction sector
• Budget development and control
• Knowledge of project management and a proven ability to appropriately manage contractors and outsourced work
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills with delivery to high standards
• Good interpersonal skills at different levels, which includes the ability to work in multiple teams
• Good verbal, written and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Sound technical knowledge (air cons, motors, pool pumps, vehicles, electrical and plumbing)
• Highly motivated with an ability to prioritise, use initiative and make decisions
• An active understanding of and passion for growing our eco-friendly environment
• An appreciation of the heritage of the school, working closely with these requirements and an understanding of heritage buildings
• Work closely with various committees e.g. Risk and Occupational Health and Safety, the Principal Safety Officer for events as required by the SASREA Act and OHSACT.
• Ability to speak an African language would be advantageous
• Be willing to apply for clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register.
The School is committed to transformation. Employment equity will be considered in the recruitment process. The appointment will be effective 01 April 2020 negotiable. If the position matches your skills and experience, please email a two-page CV with two contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 31 January 2020. The school reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Submission of an application does not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Bus transport is available for girls living in the northern and southern suburbs of Johannesburg and in the Benoni area.