Term Dates 2021
|Start||Wednesday 13 January|
|Close||Wednesday 31 March|
|Mid-Term||Close: Thursday 25 February (12:00)
Return: Tuesday 2 March (07:30)
|Public Holidays||Sunday 21 March (Human Rights Day)
Monday 22 March (Public Holiday)
|Start||Wednesday 28 April|
|Close||Friday 6 August|
|Mid-Term||Close: Friday 11 June (Normal Time)
Return: Monday 21 June (07:30)
|Start||Tuesday 7 September|
|Close||Friday 3 December|
|Mid-Term||Close: Thursday 21 October (12:00)
Return: Tuesday 26 October (07:30)
|Public Holidays||Friday 24 September (Heritage Day)|
Information Sheet miEbooks App
Information Sheet ITSI E-books
Prescribed Textbooks Information Letter 2021
Grade 8 2021
Grade 9 2021
Grade 10 2021
Grade 11 2021
Grade 12 2021
Head of Transformation – 1 September 2021 (negotiable)
St Andrew’s School for Girls is a 119-year-old independent school in Johannesburg. Our values-based education and strong brand are built upon a solid foundation which provides opportunities for our girls to hone their leadership skills and be empowered women in South Africa and the world. St Andrew’s School for Girls is committed to increasing diversity and contributing to establishing a society that is based on democratic values, social justice and fundamental human rights.
Diversity is recognised and embraced as richness. As a school, we are on a journey of inclusion continually moving towards mutual respect, social cohesion and valuing each person’s contributions as a lived philosophy.
We are looking to appoint a fulltime, visionary Head of Transformation to execute community and stakeholder engagement strategies in alignment with the School’s overall vision and mission.
The mission of St Andrew’s is to provide relevant education that empowers girls to be authentic, independent thinkers and women of substance, who care for themselves and the common good. Our girls are equipped to assume a meaningful role in local and global communities, while remaining principled and values driven.
The candidate will report directly to the Executive Head.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a demonstrated understanding of diversity and transformation in the South African context, including a knowledge of the legislative environment
• Have a proven track record in leadership and organizational change
• Have an appropriate tertiary qualification, e.g. Psychology, Sociology, Human Resources
• Have the ability to co-create the next phase of the School’s strategy regarding diversity, inclusion and cohesiveness
• Support the Schools’ Heads and stakeholders to implement the strategic plan
• Have the ability to build a sense of community and develop inclusiveness and cohesion in the School’s stakeholders
• Provide thought-leadership on the School’s diversity, inclusion and belonging journey
• Have the ability to work in a team and independently, leading through influence
• Have excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to speak another South African indigenous language would be an advantage
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and build relationships with various stakeholders
• Appreciate working in a values-driven environment
• Be required to uphold the Christian ethos of the School
• Be willing to apply for clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offenses Register.
Employment equity will be considered in the recruitment process.
If the position matches your skills and experience, please email a two-page CV with two contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 16h00 on Friday 25 June 2021.
The School reserves the right not to make an appointment. Submission of an application does not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
There are currently no other vacancies, please check back at a later date.
St Andrew’s School for Girls’ Bus Routes
- The St Andrew’s Bus service is available to our students and staff, providing transport to the school from three main feeder areas in outer-lying regions, namely Benoni, Johannesburg South, and Greenstone.
- The buses depart from St Andrew’s every afternoon, Monday – Friday at 16h30; except during lockdown regulations where no extramural/afternoon activities are permitted, the buses will depart from St Andrew’s every afternoon, Monday – Friday at 15h00.
- The School will communicate changes in departure times as the regulations change.
- Bus coupon booklets for 10 trips are sold at R550 for the Benoni and South routes, and at R250 for the Greenstone route. Each trip requires one coupon.
|Area||Stops||Morning Pick-up||Afternoon Drop-off||Afternoon Drop-off
during lockdown – preventing
|Mona Lisa – Morehill||06h25||17h15||15h45|
|Lakefield Shopping Centre, in front of Pick ‘n Pay||06h30||17h05||15h35|
|Johannesburg South||Comaro Road, corner Boundary Road (Engen Garage)||06h20||17h05||15h35|
|Greenstone||Green Valley Shopping Centre (Stoneridge Dr, Greenstone Hill)||06h45||16h45||15h15|
For more details about the service, routes, and registration, please contact Janine Thurston at email@example.com