Term Dates 2021
|Start||Wednesday 13 January|
|Close||Wednesday 31 March|
|Mid-Term||Close: Thursday 25 February (12:00)
Return: Tuesday 2 March (07:30)
|Public Holidays||Sunday 21 March (Human Rights Day)
Monday 22 March (Public Holiday)
|Start||Wednesday 28 April|
|Close||Friday 6 August|
|Mid-Term||Friday 11 June (Normal Time)
Monday 21 June
|Start||Tuesday 7 September|
|Close||Friday 3 December|
|Mid-Term||Thursday 21 October (12:00)
Tuesday 26 October (07:30)
|Public Holidays||Friday 24 September (Heritage Day)|
Information Sheet miEbooks App
Information Sheet ITSI E-books
Prescribed Textbooks Information Letter 2021
Grade 8 2021
Grade 9 2021
Grade 10 2021
Grade 11 2021
Grade 12 2021
Junior School IT Teacher and Co-ordinator – July 2021 (Negotiable)
St Andrew’s School for Girls is a 119-year-old independent school in Johannesburg. Our values-based education and strong brand are built upon a solid foundation of tradition and heritage which provides opportunities for our girls to hone their leadership skills and be empowered women in South Africa and the world. St Andrew’s School for Girls is committed to increasing diversity and contributing to establishing a society that is based on democratic values, social justice and fundamental human rights.
Our academic programme challenges and encourages innovative and imaginative thinking and strives to provide our students with opportunities and skills to succeed at the highest level.
We are therefore looking to appoint a Junior School IT Teacher and Co-ordinator who will report to the Junior School Head.
The successful candidates will:
• Require an appropriate degree or diploma with relevant teaching experience in the Junior School
• Be registered with SACE
• Have experience teaching IT within the Junior School
• Have suitable knowledge of running and maintaining an IT centre within a school environment
• Be able to stay abreast of IT technology and be able to provide staff training
• Manage a budget assigned for the purpose of equipment, maintenance and software upgrades
• Have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Be able to oversee and run termly reports for Grade 0-7
• Be able to work under pressure, plan and meet deadlines
• Be committed to the extra-mural programme of the school
• Appreciate working in a values-driven, Christian environment
• Be required to uphold the ethos and traditions of the school
• Be willing to apply for clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register
The appointment is effective July 2021 (negotiable).
Employment equity will be considered in the recruitment process.
If the position matches your skills and experience, please email a two-page CV with two contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 1 May 2021.
The school reserves the right not to make an appointment. Submission of an application does not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview
School Marketing Manager – 1 July 2021 (negotiable)
St Andrew’s School for Girls is a 119-year-old independent school in Johannesburg. Our values-based education and strong brand are built upon a solid foundation which provides opportunities for our girls to hone their leadership skills and be empowered women in South Africa and the world. St Andrew’s School for Girls is committed to increasing diversity and contributing to establishing a society that is based on democratic values, social justice and fundamental human rights.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic Marketer to execute marketing, communication and branding strategies in alignment with the school’s overall vision and mission. The candidate will report directly to the Executive Head.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an appropriate marketing degree
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a similar environment
• Have the ability to develop and execute a marketing strategy in alignment with the school strategy
• Have experience in digital marketing, branding, communication and events
• Be tech and social media savvy
• Have enthusiasm and interest in engaging with prospective parents
• Be willing to work after hours
• Have the ability to manage a budget
• Be deadline driven with the ability to work independently
• Be able to work collaboratively within a team
• Be detail orientated with a creative flair. Graphic design experience will be an advantage.
• Have excellent written and verbal skills
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and build relationships with various stakeholders
• Be enthusiastic and energetic
• Appreciate working in a values-driven environment
• Be required to uphold the traditions and ethos of the school
• Be willing to apply for clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offenses Register.
Employment equity will be considered in the recruitment process.
The appointment would be effective 1 July 2021 (negotiable).
If the position matches your skills and experience, please email a two-page CV with two contactable references to email@example.com. The closing date is 16h00 on Friday 7th May 2021.
The school reserves the right not to make an appointment. Submission of an application does not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
There are currently no other vacancies, please check back at a later date.
St Andrew’s School for Girls’ Bus Routes
- The St Andrew’s Bus service is available to our students and staff, providing transport to the school from three main feeder areas in outer-lying regions, namely Benoni, Johannesburg South, and Greenstone.
- The buses depart from St Andrew’s every afternoon, Monday – Friday at 16h30; except during lockdown regulations where no extramural/afternoon activities are permitted, the buses will depart from St Andrew’s every afternoon, Monday – Friday at 15h00.
- The School will communicate changes in departure times as the regulations change.
- Bus coupon booklets for 10 trips are sold at R550 for the Benoni and South routes, and at R250 for the Greenstone route. Each trip requires one coupon.
|Area||Stops||Morning Pick-up||Afternoon Drop-off||Afternoon Drop-off
during lockdown – preventing
|Mona Lisa – Morehill||06h25||17h15||15h45|
|Lakefield Shopping Centre, in front of Pick ‘n Pay||06h30||17h05||15h35|
|Johannesburg South||Comaro Road, corner Boundary Road (Engen Garage)||06h20||17h05||15h35|
|Greenstone||Green Valley Shopping Centre (Stoneridge Dr, Greenstone Hill)||06h45||16h45||15h15|
For more details about the service, routes, and registration, please contact Janine Thurston at firstname.lastname@example.org