SENIOR SCHOOL BOARDING HOUSE
Common rooms cater for girls of similar ages and are each equipped with a television, microwave oven, kettle and refrigerator. Game consoles, table tennis and other activities provide entertainment in a large, communal living space.
Laptops, iPads and cellphones may be used and learners have access to Wi-Fi during the afternoons and evenings.
Set times are allocated for homework and revision in a prep-room equipped with ample computers and a printer. Senior girls are permitted to work in their rooms.
Balanced, nutritious meals are served in the dining room and include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and morning and afternoon tea. Provision is made for girls with special dietary requirements. The tuck shop is open between 7:30am and 4pm on weekdays.
Girls who remain with us over weekends are taken to places of interest and enjoy outings to shopping malls, the movies, and the theatre. They may also make full use of the school’s indoor swimming pool and gym.
We welcome English-speaking foreign students who, once accepted, are required to obtain a student study visa from the South African Department of Home Affairs. Exempt from Zulu and Afrikaans as an additional language, they are required to take a supplementary subject. The school is situated a 15-minute drive from Johannesburg’s OR Tambo International Airport.
- Girls are signed out of the boarding house on Friday afternoons and are expected to return either before 6pm on Sundays or 7:30am on Mondays.
- Set bed times vary according to age.
- Girls must keep their rooms tidy at all times and adhere to boardinghouse policies and procedures.
- They may wear civvies following the completion of school and co-curricular activities.
- Girls may receive visitors during weekdays provided their school commitments have been met. They may also accept invitations from friends provided that permission has been provided, in writing, by a parent and the housemistress.
- Girls may not leave the premises without written permission.
- A laundry service is provided twice a week.
- The boarding house is visited by a woman physician every Wednesday.
- Boarding staff provide airport drop-offs and collections at the start and end of each school break.
- Themed dinners are arranged at the end of each term.
The boarding house is closed over certain weekends, during school holidays and mid-term breaks.