Our top-class boarding facility provides a warm, comfortable environment for full-term, weekly and occasional boarders in Grades 8 to 12.
This modern, spacious home away from home, nurtures independence and self-confidence, while girls learn the importance of respect in a communal, family-orientated living environment. Boarding school life is carefully overseen by a housemistress, matron and four members of the academic staff.
Common rooms cater for girls of similar ages and are each equipped with a television, microwave oven, kettle, and refrigerator. Game consoles, table tennis and other activities provide entertainment in a large, communal living space.
Laptops, iPads, and cellphones may be used and learners have access to Wi-Fi during the afternoons and evenings.
The boarding house is closed over certain weekends, and during school holidays and mid-term breaks.
Details of our Boarding House
Set times are allocated for homework and revision in a prep-room equipped with ample computers and a printer. Senior girls are permitted to work in their rooms.
Balanced, nutritious meals are served in the dining room and include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and morning and afternoon tea. Provision is made for girls with special dietary requirements. The tuck shop is open between 7:30am and 4pm on weekdays.
Girls who remain with us over weekends are taken to places of interest and enjoy outings to shopping malls, the movies, and the theatre. They may also make full use of the school’s indoor swimming pool and gym.
We welcome English-speaking foreign students who, once accepted, are required to obtain a student study visa from the South African Department of Home Affairs. Exempt from Zulu and Afrikaans as an additional language, they are required to take a supplementary subject. The school is situated a 15-minute drive from Johannesburg’s OR Tambo International Airport.
- Girls are signed out of the boarding house on Friday afternoons and are expected to return either before 6pm on Sundays or 7:30am on Mondays. Girls must keep their rooms tidy at all times and adhere to boarding house policies and procedures. They may wear civvies following the completion of school and co-curricular activities.
- Girls may receive visitors during weekdays provided their school commitments have been met. They may also accept invitations from friends provided permission has been provided, in writing, by a parent and the housemistress. Girls may not leave the premises without written permission. Set bedtimes vary according to age.
- A laundry service is provided twice a week. The boarding house is visited by a woman physician every Wednesday.
- Boarding staff provide airport drop-offs and collections at the start and end of each school break.
- Themed dinners are arranged at the end of each term.
Senior School Boarding Admissions
|Annual Fee||Termly Fee||Monthly Fee|
|Boarding||R 147 690||R 51 020||R 14 810|
These amounts cover costs for the entire grade and reduce the number of sundry charges on student accounts. Details of the make-up of the charge are given for each grade.