- As an all-girls’ school, our focus is on how girls advance and learn, producing more confident, capable
- Our holistic education includes academic, spiritual, physical, cultural, and leadership training; digital citizenship; and community engagement.
- We place importance on living our values and ethos, and on giving back to the community.
- We strive to create independent thinkers, empowered leaders, and global citizens who consider others and benefit society.
- Our stakeholders engage with, and invest in, our Saturday school, uBambiswano.
- We attract excellent teachers.
- 65-70% of our budget goes to staff remuneration and benefits.
- We invest in our staff through various staff development programmes, both locally and globally, keeping them abreast of the latest trends in educational innovation.
Our facilities include: heritage buildings; a beautiful chapel; a modern boarding house; spacious gardens; a diving pool; indoor swimming pools; an astro turf; squash, netball and tennis courts; an athletics field; music rooms; tech-savvy classrooms; innovative laboratories and more.
Our state-of-the-art STEAM centre enhances opportunities for our girls in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics).
- The Co-educational Preschool caters for girls and boys, from 3 months to 5 years old.
- An extensive range of sports and cultural programmes, including coding and robotics are inclusive in tuition fees.
- Psychological and pastoral support, extra lessons, Advanced Programme Mathematics and English, talks on parent education, and career guidance are offered as part of our all-inclusive educational service.
- The Outdoor Education department provides exposure to adventure activities, hiking, camping, and the President’s Award Programme.
- Optional local and international tours are offered as additional extras to those who are interested in the experience.
- Our ‘Diamond Decade Green Flag’ status, awarded to us by Eco-Schools, affirms our commitment to being environmentally conscious.
- A daily bus service to and from school along the main hubs; as well as transport to and from school for sports fixtures and other co-curricular activities is available.
- An on-campus stationery and uniform shop provides an optional convenient service for our girls and parents.
NETWORKS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- The Old Girls’ network is testimony to our students leaving St Andrew’s ‘skilled for life’.
- Our girls have the available platforms on which to stay connected to past students, providing an advantageous opportunity to share ideas, offer guidance, exchange information and develop professional and social contacts.
- Subscriptions to the following organisations keep the school relevant, incorporating the latest developments and trends:
- Independent Schools of South Africa (ISASA)
- South African Heads of Independent Schools (SAHISA)
- South African Bursars of Independent Schools (SABISA)
- Independent Schools Marketing Association (ISMA)
- Independent Examinations Board (IEB)
- Anglican Board of Education of Southern Africa (ABESA)
- South African Girls Schools of South Africa (SAGSA)
- National Coalition of Girls Schools in America (NCGS)
- Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa (WESSA)
- Independent Quality Assurance Agency (IQAA) and UMALUSI Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training are our quality-control partners.
- St Andrew’s is governed by a trust and board, ensuring fiscal discipline and compliance with all corporate governance standards.
DEBUNKING A MYTH
- St Andrew’s is a registered Not for Profit Company (NPC), governed by the Companies Act. The St Andrew’s Trust is the sole owner of the NPC and the beneficiary of the St Andrew’s Trust is the St Andrew’s School.
- We are privately funded through the school fees.
- All funds raised through school fees and donations are invested to enhance the education of the students.
- There is no government funding, nor are we sponsored by any church organization.
- Only 80 out of 1000 students are boarders, therefore, to do a comparison of our fees, it would be more accurate to exclude boarding fees.
- St Andrew’s School for Girls provides the opportunities and the space in which every girl can flourish.
We strive to provide quality, not exclusivity.